Powered By Blogger
Islamik Testimonial


Thursday, August 21, 2008

VIVA

It all happened within a blink of eyes.

This is my story about VIVA. I was one of the students who got 23 marks for cumulative marks of internal examination. My name appears in the list of students who need to attend the distinction VIVA today. I still could not believe when I checked the list name yesterday, I was one of those students. The great thing about your name appearing in the list is you knew that you're already pass for the examination and your mark probably more than 75%. The difficult part is you'll need to go through the VIVA before it confirmed that you deserved to get distinction or not. This is the tough part. To my surprise, lots of other people whom I thinked should be in the list, didn't appear. Guess, I was the lucky one.

So, because of the VIVA I came to library to study and did some discussion. The first time ever in second year I came to library to study. I could see surprised face looking at me. Never mind about that. I didn't put any hope to get VIVA for distinction. But since my name has appeared, I decided to give a try. This is my first experience ever to attend VIVA. I need to go through back all the notes once again. It is impossible to do it in one night but you'll need to put some effort if you want it, right? Although I didn't have any intuition what would happen the following the next day, I prayed to Him for my best. Whether I will get distinction or not, it depends with His will.

My challenge begins when the external examiner started to ask me question about autopsy. I misunderstood the question the question at the beginning but thanks to Dr Vrinda who guide to give the answer that he wanted to hear eventhough it was incomplete and I answered it without full confidence. He asking the next question which I couldn't remember and I told him I couldn't answer the question because I didn't know what it is. A minus for me. The next examiner asked me about the causes of death due to cut throat injury which I thinked I managed to answer it but once again without any confidence. I stumbled for few seconds to give the list for the causes. Hmm..it seems I didn't answer well enough. Dr Arun, my lecturer threw questions which I could answer. My saver for the VIVA. Well, I have done the best. I didn't deserve to get distinction, I guess. There is still a lot of things that I need to sharpen before I want to get good marks. But anyway, it was a new experience to me. It is never hurt if you want to try.

Thanks to all friends who wished me luck and even called me how I am doing. It gave me strength to do it. Ok, let go this for a moment and concentrate to more important mission tomorrow. My practical exam will be on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The last portion of examination before I go back.

Good luck Damia!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

peh..mantap2!

hirumi said...

Great Job Damia ^_^